May 18, 2005

GET THESE MUTTS AWAY FROM ME:

Sharpton: Dean's DNC Excludes Blacks (Newsmax, 5/18/05)

The Rev. Al Sharpton blasted Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean on Tuesday, saying that under his leadership, African-Americans have been excluded from top Democratic Party positions.

"I'm taking Dean to task right now for the lack of black inclusion at the highest levels of the Democratic Party," Sharpton told WWRL radio hosts Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter. "It's the lowest in thirty years."

The Harlem firebrand and one-time presidential candidate said that as things stand now, the Republican Party is making more progress including blacks than Dean's team.

"We ought to have more to show [for our support]," he complained. "And we should ask why, as the Republicans, ironically, are running blacks [for office], that [Dean] has left blacks out of the top echelon of the Democratic Party."

Why is a party that exists to assuage the guilt of white liberals being run by white liberals?

Posted by Orrin Judd at May 18, 2005 12:30 PM
Comments

"One-time presidential candidate" my spleen.
Sharpton was on an extended PR and speaking tour, and harbored no illusions about his chances.
(Fantasies and dreams he did have, to be sure).

Posted by: Michael Herdegen at May 18, 2005 12:41 PM

Like a black Howard Dean.

Posted by: oj at May 18, 2005 12:48 PM

Call Me Al, by the way. How's the book mailing coming along?

Posted by: joe shropshire at May 18, 2005 12:48 PM

When (if) the African-American vote moves toward the GOP the Dems will be in real trouble.

Posted by: AWW at May 18, 2005 12:50 PM

I sent some, do I owe you one too?

Posted by: oj at May 18, 2005 12:51 PM

Nah, the ones I know never have *s on them.

Posted by: joe shropshire at May 18, 2005 1:00 PM

This whole book giveaway thing is just a scam of Orrin's to keep his wife off his back. He e-mails me a month ago, "I've got a whole pile of books for you. Stop by sometime next week and I'll give them to you." I say, "Great, but I have no idea where you live." No response. Now he can say, with plausible deniability to his wife, "Well, I offered the books to him, he just never showed up to get them," and stay her hand for a little while longer.
By the way, isn't Al Sharpton just the most classic definition of "chutzpah?"

Posted by: Governor Breck at May 18, 2005 2:07 PM

Hey Guv
I'll send you directions to the house. Come when Orrin's not home and you can have all the books you can carry...

Posted by: The Wife at May 18, 2005 2:11 PM

Gov:

You work for a freakin' geography company and you can't find a street in the same town?

Posted by: oj at May 18, 2005 2:13 PM

Wife:

Speaking of which, Imelda Marcos wants her shoe collection back...

Posted by: oj at May 18, 2005 2:14 PM

Mr. Judd;

Doesn't that question answer itself? Because it's all about them.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at May 18, 2005 2:32 PM

No, Brainiac, I can't find the street when I don't know what the NAME of the street is! I did a Yahoo people search for you an all I found was an Orrin Judd in New Jersey. So now your wife is offering to send me directions to your house and is asking me to come by when you're not home. Sweeet! See what your flimsy attempt at deception has wrought?

Frau Judd: governor_breck@yahoo.com
PS: I give great foot massages.

Posted by: Governor Breck at May 18, 2005 4:16 PM

Reminds me of listening to sportswriter John Feinstein tell sportswriter/radio host Tony Kornheiser how he would be pleased to work to get Ben Cardin elected to the Senate from Maryland. Only a white liberal could work to elect a white liberal over two black opponents (Kweisi Mfume and hopefully Lt. Gov. Michael Steele), patting himself on the back for his commitment to inclusion and integration all the while.

Posted by: AC at May 18, 2005 4:37 PM

Gov:

Good enough foot massage and I'll be stuck looking for a different cabana...

Posted by: oj at May 18, 2005 5:25 PM

OJ: The Wife is inviting men over for when you are not home. Sounds like a couple of classic blues songs.

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at May 18, 2005 5:35 PM

Guys, let's not indulge in cheap innuendo. My guess is that she just wants some advice about how to deal with a husband who wakes up screamimg: "Yalta! Yalta!" five times a night.

Posted by: Peter B at May 19, 2005 8:36 AM

Wife: have you tried putting a sock in his mouth?

Posted by: joe shropshire at May 19, 2005 11:34 AM
« AT LEAST HALF OF THE TEN PERCENT JUST WANT TO SOUND INFORMED (via Kevin Whited): | Main | FUN WHILE IT LASTED: »