February 9, 2006

STILL OPPOSE THE WoT?:

Bush to say terrorist attack thwarted (AFP, Feb 09 , 2006)

US President George W. Bush was to say in a speech that international cooperation helped thwart a terrorist attack on the US west coast, according to White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

Posted by Orrin Judd at February 9, 2006 11:04 AM
Comments

Of course they're still opposed. A pragmatic success counts for very little in the eyes of some; the only thing that counts is following a chimerical True and Righteous path.

Not only that, but I predict the paranoid subset of the Left will be pooh-poohing this success with words to the effect, "Isn't it convenient how this attack was thwarted, just when hearings were underway? Hmmmm?

Posted by: Bruce Cleaver at February 9, 2006 11:27 AM

This is obviously a Rove plot. Just as Chimpy McHaliburton, the Boy Emperor, is facing dropping poll numbers and possible impeachment for his illegal domestic spying program which is running the Constitution through a paper shredder, that same program conveniently uncovers and foils a "terrorist" plot. The so-called liberal media dutifully reports it, and the attack dogs of the blogosphere question the patriotism of anyone who doesn't buy it, just like a hundred times before. Anyone here think this is a coincidence?

/moonbat

Posted by: Mike Morley at February 9, 2006 11:29 AM

The bumpers have spoken: Bush has not made us safer.

Posted by: David Cohen at February 9, 2006 11:36 AM

Bruce, the moonbats are already there.

Posted by: Mike Morley at February 9, 2006 11:37 AM

You can't prove a negative, so they'll never believe the current program ever stopped a terorist attack, although Tim Graham reported on NRO that Paul Begala claimed in a Tuesday online webchat that Al Gore would have prevented the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks if only he had been elected president.

Posted by: John at February 9, 2006 11:52 AM

Mike -

Yup, good ol' DU.

Once more, satire is impossible in this age....

Posted by: Bruce Cleaver at February 9, 2006 12:36 PM

And to add insult to injury, guess what he was doing when he gave the speech?

Unveiling a bust of himself at National Guard Headquarters. You can hear the exploding heads from here... it sounds like... victory.

Posted by: Timothy at February 9, 2006 12:58 PM

I sometimes think I should get an account at DU so that when I come up with a particularly inspired bit of faux-moonbattery, I can post it among the genuine moonbattery and see if anyone can tell the difference.

Posted by: Mike Morley at February 9, 2006 1:38 PM

Mike, Just be careful, it might go on your permanent record.

Posted by: erp at February 9, 2006 1:45 PM

I've already got all my Brothers Judd comments on my permanent record, so it's probably a lost cause anyway. To paraphrase Jerry Garcia, if I'm going to hell in a bucket at least I'm enjoyin' the ride!

Posted by: Mike Morley at February 9, 2006 2:09 PM