October 13, 2005

FIRST RETURNS FROM '08:

Kerry v. McCain (Daniel Weintraub, 10/13/05, Sacramento Bee)

In the latest chapter in the battle of out-of-state senators and would-be presidents, John Kerry is scheduled to be in LA today to express his opposition to Prop. 75, the paycheck protection initiative. We're also hearing that while McCain was here the other day endorsing Schwarzenegger's agenda he cut an ad for the governor's campaign team.

Even Republicans who hate John McCain have to recognize how lopsided a McCain v. Kerry contest would be.

Posted by Orrin Judd at October 13, 2005 5:13 PM
Comments

There's nothing funnier than the apparent belief of Mr. Kerry that he is still a viable national candidate. The only important question on his future is how long until Teresa kicks him out?

Posted by: b at October 13, 2005 5:21 PM

I dunno. I see a lot more "Kerry" bumper stickers than "Clinton" stickers out there. Maybe liberals will get lazy and nominate him just to avoid scratching their Escalades.

Posted by: Timothy at October 13, 2005 5:31 PM

I'm still not a McCain fan. That said, if he will govern the way he's talking and not try to buck the Religious Right, I won't mind having him lead the ticket. I still think that a Condi run, or at least a VP slot, would really take the cake. Talk about smacking the liberals upside the head.

Posted by: Jay at October 13, 2005 5:55 PM

Since he's already picking Supreme Court nominees, I guess a McCain presidency wouldn't be much of a change.

That said, if his only opponent in the primary were a yellow dog, the dog would have my vote.

Posted by: pj at October 13, 2005 7:57 PM

But you'll happily vote for him in the general.

Posted by: oj at October 13, 2005 8:07 PM

That's what Libertarian and Green candidates are for, especially when you live in a state where you vote won't matter.

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at October 13, 2005 10:17 PM

If McCain wins, your vote will only matter if you live in a blue state, and only then to see if we can make OJ's 50-0 plan come true.

Posted by: Timothy at October 13, 2005 11:01 PM
« DO YOU SUPPOSE REALISTS EVER READ THE NEWSPAPER? (via Luciferous): | Main | THE LAST DOMINO: »