June 3, 2005

NO WONDER HE HAS ATHLETE'S MOUTH:

Dean hits GOP on 'honest living' (Stephen Dinan and Amy Fagan, 6/03/05, THE WASHINGTON TIMES)

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean yesterday said many Republicans don't make an "honest living" — the sharpest barb in a campaign-style speech to a conference of liberal activists. [...]

"Well, Republicans, I guess, can do that, because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives," Mr. Dean said. "But for ordinary working people, who have to work eight hours a day, they have kids, they got to get home to those kids, the idea of making them stand for eight hours to cast their ballot for democracy is wrong." [...]

Mr. Dean's remarks stand in contrast to a report released Tuesday by Third Way, a centrist Democratic advocacy group, that said Democrats are facing a crisis among middle-class voters and found that Republicans — at both the presidential and congressional levels — have a commanding lead among white middle-class households.

The GOP should pay for a Howard Dean infomercial where he gets to speak his mind for a half-hour every week.

Posted by Orrin Judd at June 3, 2005 5:15 PM
Comments

He's determined to put a lock on the faculty lounge vote, the key to political hegemony.

Posted by: Luciferous at June 3, 2005 5:49 PM

i am still waiting for someone to ask howlard how his statement on "never made an honest living" jibes with his having millions in inherited wealth, and growing up in a 5th ave pad. its Scanners time when that happens.

Posted by: cjm at June 3, 2005 6:16 PM

A god-damned politician saying that I don't make an honest living?

Posted by: AML at June 3, 2005 8:31 PM

Bwahahahahahaha! Save it for a 60 second sound byte!

Posted by: Genecis at June 3, 2005 8:35 PM

Genecis - the GOP must have 15 minutes of soundbites on Dean by now. The hard part will be whittling them down into a coherent 60 second spot.

Posted by: AWW at June 3, 2005 11:54 PM

it will be the videos produced by clever individuals and distributed over the internet, that will shred dean. the gop videos will be the equivalent of wet noodles.

Posted by: cjm at June 4, 2005 7:30 PM

I heard Ed Schultz (sp.?) chewing out Dean on Friday afternoon for being insufficiently confrontational and too quiet. Apparently Ed wanted him to talk more about social justice.

That'll go over big in, well, Vermont.

Just wait until Dean starts telling Republicans he grew up in their stew but escaped and is now free.

Howard is a hemorrhoid. Nothing more.

Posted by: jim hamlen at June 4, 2005 9:27 PM

for robert crumb fans, howard is a "snoid"

Posted by: cjm at June 4, 2005 9:32 PM

I have to go with cjm. We waited and waited for the RNC to drop the hammer on Kerry for his record and in particular his Senate testimony and secret meetings with representatives of a country at war with the USA, but there wasn't much. I don't see why this material won't end up on the same cutting room floor as the Kerry stuff.

P.S. OJ, what did I do now? I couldn't submit this because "blog.thought–mesh.net" is now questionable content here. I guess no more free links for comments.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at June 4, 2005 9:47 PM

AOG:

I might have done that when I was deleting multiple comments before. I'll look. Sorry.

Posted by: oj at June 4, 2005 10:17 PM