August 10, 2008

BRASS IN POCKET:

I'm so angry, it's time to change: Ever since the 2000 elections I've been angry -- not just at the government but at all of us Americans. (Cary Tennis, Aug. 11, 2008, Salon)

Dear Cary,

The past few years my personal life has taken a nosedive. I think the biggest factor is this anger I've got inside, which frequently prevents me from socializing and meeting new people (or just having a good time with people). Basically I've become a very grumpy middle-aged man.

This all basically started after the 2000 election. By now, I feel justifiably disgusted by the Bush administration and his supporters of course, but it's bigger than this. [...]

Anger Issues

Dear Anger Issues,

Some of us who think of ourselves as liberal, rational, freethinking, freedom-loving patriots have a special problem with anger.

As far as we can determine, this is not a parody.

Posted by Orrin Judd at August 10, 2008 8:41 PM

I remember a few years ago, after 9/11 but before Iraq when Cary counseled a woman not to marry her boyfriend who was in ROTC. She was crunchy-left liberal and fet there would be a vales conflict eventually. Cary's reasoning was that soldiers are trained to be violent so naturally they are more likely to be wife-beaters and child-abusers.

He wasn't kidding, either.

Posted by: tsol at August 10, 2008 9:00 PM

Yet another entry on the list of things I can't safely peg as satire or earnest stupidity.

All this confusion has me confused.

Posted by: Matt Murphy at August 11, 2008 12:40 AM

It never occurs to some people that they might be wrong. The country's not moving in the direction you want it to, therefore the country is wrong. Not you, the country.

Posted by: Bryan at August 11, 2008 6:41 AM

The funniest parts weren't excerpted. Well, now we know liberals are capable of comedy.

Posted by: Buttercup at August 11, 2008 6:54 AM

Dear Anger Issues:

You are still feeling anger over the results of the 2000 presidential election? Please seek professional help, stay away from firearms and alcohol, and open a dictionary and read the definition of "perspective".

Posted by: Mikey at August 11, 2008 7:12 AM

The person has been on Prozac for 15 years with clinical depression. Cary Tennis should be telling this person to get to their mental health provider ASAP, not try to spew liberal BS. I hope there is a special place in h*ll for the likes of Cary Tennis.

Posted by: Mike M at August 11, 2008 7:49 AM

This is surprisingly the most sober she's been in years:href

Posted by: narciso at August 11, 2008 9:27 AM

The writer is trying to cope by "playing soccer". No wonder he is screwed.

Posted by: Bob at August 11, 2008 12:18 PM