April 5, 2008

WHAT'S ON YOUR IPOD?:

BOOK:

I've been reading Robert Ferrigno's very entertaining sequel to Prayers for the Assassin:

MUSIC:

Listening to the almost orchestral bluegrass of Punch Brothers:

TELEVISION

Watching the extremely funny Flight of the Conchords, which folks recommended here last time:

MOVIE:

The last I saw was the predictable, but likable Bella:

How about you?

Posted by Orrin Judd at April 5, 2008 7:59 AM
Comments

Books - I just finished reading SM Stearling's sci/fi alternate history books The Sky People and In the Court of the Crimson Kings. In the 60's Mars and Venus are discovered to be habitable and populated with species from earth. That starts a real space race between the eastern block and the USA in the 60s. The best science fiction I've read in some time.

Movies - Beowulf was very entertaining though the animation takes some getting used to. The scenes with Grendel are gruesome but fantastic.

Posted by: Patrick H at April 5, 2008 10:18 AM

Books: I'm in the middle of The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

on the iPod: "Sni Bong" by Dengue Fever (Cambodian language surf-rock), "Shut Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol; "Smoke on the Water" by Senior Coconut & His Orchestra (Deep Purple covered by Ricky Ricardo); "Radio Operator" by Rosanne Cash; "Blackened Blue Eyes" by the Charlatans.

Movies: I got The Great Raid for my birthday, but haven't watched it yet.

Posted by: Mike Morley at April 5, 2008 10:31 AM

Books: Going through Cormac McCarthy's back catalogue. Currently in the middle of the Border Trilogy (which is excellent).

Videos: 50's era "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" on Hulu; just finished with season 5 of The Wire, which I rate as better than 2, not as good as 3 (4 is the best).

Music: The Kings of Leon. Just saw Vampire Weekend at little bar here a couple of nights ago, which was entertaining if a little sparse (I don't think they are really ready to tour).

Posted by: ted welter at April 5, 2008 10:45 AM

I own no iPod

Posted by: Matthew Cohen at April 5, 2008 8:33 PM

Books:
Finishing the last volume of Greg Keyes "The Kingdom of Thorn & Bone", and recently finished Ian Toll's "Six Frigates".
Movies:
El Cid is unbeatable!
TV:
Thank G-d Cold Case Files and NCIS are back!
Music:
the Reverend Horton Heat; "Smoke 'em if You Got 'em".

Posted by: Mike at April 5, 2008 9:50 PM
« KINDER, GENTLER LOANSHARKING: | Main | JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE READ TODAY'S DUMBEST TIMES PIECE, HERE COMES THE NEXT ARTICLE: »