March 19, 2007

IN THE ABSENCE OF JEB:

Draft Fred

Posted by Orrin Judd at March 19, 2007 7:28 PM
Comments

Via Instapundit from Kaus:

Wherein lies the greatness of Sen. Fred Thompson? Just asking! All I remember is he was given custody of an important set of hearings--into China and campaign finance--and screwed them up. ... He sounds good--in his John Fund interview he says lots of sensible things (especially about civil service protections). But ideally a presidential candidate has accomplished something--even if it's only governing a state without steering it conspicuously into disaster. Obama hasn't accomplished much, but he's only been in the Senate for two years. Thompson didn't accomplish much in two years plus a full six-year term, no?. ... I'd love to be wrong on this. Please tell me why. ... P.S.: He's a bad actor! I never believe he's the character he's playing (even when the character is essentially Fred Thompson).

Posted by: Sandy P at March 20, 2007 12:06 AM

He thought Reagan was a bad actor too because he was always just playing Ronald Reagan.

Posted by: oj at March 20, 2007 7:11 AM

It's all about height as this Wikipedia Article indicates.
Dukakis (5'6") didn't stand a chance against HW Bush. Gore beat Bush II (5'11") don't forget.

Anyway Thompson comes in a 6'6" thus is the easy winner over McCain at 5'7" and Hillary at 5'6".

Posted by: h-man at March 20, 2007 8:12 AM

Sandy, you're right. Thompson didn't show much as a senator and I can't see that he would bring anything much to the presidency. He's tall! Yikes, that's why we should put him in the White House.

I remember seeing pictures of world leaders where the extra-long, German Chancellor Kohl, looked more like a geek than a greek god, and Dukakis is a jerk and would still be a jerk had he been as big as Shaq.

Posted by: erp at March 20, 2007 12:03 PM

Erp

He's only on his second wife.

Posted by: h-man at March 20, 2007 1:10 PM

h- I'm having a senior moment, what is the reference to only his second wife. Is it a reference to Gingrich, who's on #3 I believe? Who else is on wife 2+n?

Posted by: erp at March 20, 2007 5:23 PM

Sorry, made belated contact with my brain synapses, but I never think of Rudy because he's not going to get the nomination. I'd rather go with Thompson than McCain.

Posted by: erp at March 20, 2007 5:29 PM
« THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING...DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN MIND: | Main | WHO'S ISOLATED?: »