January 10, 2007

DOESN'T MR. HAWKINS DESERVE HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY?:

Dick Durbin Asks The Kos Kids For Help Setting The Democratic Agenda (John Hawkins, 1/09/07, Right Wing News)

Believe it or not, Dick Durbin is actually asking the Daily Kos for help in setting the Democrats agenda in the Senate. Let me repeat. Dick Durbin, the Democratic whip in the Senate, is asking the loony Daily Kos crowd to help him set the Senate agenda in 2007.

Friend Hawkins actually read all 800 comments, something we'd only do if you made it a drinking game...

Posted by Orrin Judd at January 10, 2007 12:55 PM
Comments

Mr. Hawkins deserves the first three rounds of the drinking at a minimum.

Oddly, clicking through to the Kos site and doing a quick text search of "Big Rock Candy Mountain" turned up no hits. Guess there's still some commenting to go yet. About half way thru the first dozen, you have to start repeating to yourself: "no, this is not parody. no this is NOT parody . . "

Posted by: JR at January 10, 2007 1:25 PM

I am so embarassed to be living in Illinois - doubly so in Chicago and Cook County. Been a long time since it's been the land of Lincoln.

Posted by: Rick T. at January 10, 2007 2:13 PM

Durbin's been pretty quiet ever since da Mayor smacked him down over his troop comments.

He better hope Daley doesn't hear about this.

Posted by: Jim in Chicago at January 10, 2007 2:37 PM

Nope, I don't believe it's not a gag. Somebody hsd to have made this up.

Posted by: Lou Gots at January 10, 2007 4:22 PM

Rick,

The embarrassing thing about living in IL isn't Durbin. It's a corrupt and moronic Republican party that can't find a dynamic bowl of oatmeal to run against him.

Jim,

Illinois is the way it is because of Daley. The wonder of Clintonian compartmentalism is that Daley can admire his son's service while creating and supporting the political machine that works to deliver his son to killers.

The Democrat party wants America to lose (just like Vietnam) and Daley serves nothing but the Democrat party - just like the fatuous remainders of IL Republicans.

Maybe OJ will try convince us that the corpse of Judy Baar Topinka can be electrified so as to beat Durbin.

I don't know if you've all heard the news yet, but the moonbat Keyes got more votes than Topinka. So much for the "only a moderate can win" morons in the Party.

So much for Bush's Brain. If McCain picks him, bet on a loss.

Posted by: Bruno at January 10, 2007 11:59 PM

Obviously no one can win when Republicans hate their own party more than they do the Democrats. The insistence on ideological purity is a classic political cancer.

Posted by: oj at January 11, 2007 8:43 AM

If I were a Hatfield who found one of my own poisoning our well, I'd be justified in hating that person(s) more than any McCoy.

I don't insist on ideological purity. I insist that they stop poisoning our well.

I have all the data I need to discuss the differentiation to which the analogy alludes, as well as evidence that I don't demand ideological purity.

Posted by: Bruno at January 11, 2007 12:05 PM

Yes, the notion that she was killing you is an excellent illustration of how the quest for purity becomes derangement.

Posted by: oj at January 11, 2007 12:17 PM

OJ,

You misunderstand.

Topinka (other than her betrayal of Peter Fitzgerals) was merely a symptom.

"She" wasn't the problem. The party leadership that put here there is the problem.

For a definition af "deranged", look the people in Illinois who thought she could win. As for you implication that I'm part of the problem, I'd vote for any Republican in Illinois who has an ounce of integrity - liberal or otherwise.

Believe what you wish. An honest man's pillow is his piece of mind.

Posted by: Bruno at January 11, 2007 2:25 PM
« WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH KANSAS DEMOCRATS?: | Main | MAHMOUD'S A UNITER, NOT A DIVIDER: »