December 9, 2006

SOMETHING TO GO BETWEEN BING AND NAT:

If you've joined Lala.com, be sure to check out the WOXY Holiday Mixer. If not, what are you waiting for?

Two especially good tunes they've played so far: Coldplay's cover of The Pretenders "2000 Miles" and Aimee Mann's "Calling on Mary"

Posted by Orrin Judd at December 9, 2006 9:25 AM
Comments
If not, what are you waiting for?
I looked, but I couldn't quite grasp the concept. Is it really just trading music CDs? Enough people want to do that to make it useful?

Is it the other people's radio stations? Or is there something else I am missing?

I think this is why I am not running a successful internet company.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at December 9, 2006 1:13 PM

Yes, you can get rid of all those 70s concept albums you thought were so profound.

Posted by: oj at December 9, 2006 1:41 PM

I have never purchased an album I thought was "profound". Instead, I purchase music on the basis of how much I enjoy listening to it.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at December 9, 2006 2:54 PM

AOG: RE: "P.S. Compact discs didn't hit the market until 1982 so any albums purchased in the 70s wouldn't be tradable as CDs in any case."

Haven't you ever heard of Rhino Records?

Posted by: Bartman at December 9, 2006 6:40 PM

No, I haven't. But I meant not tradable at Lala.

The whole thing is like discovering a new civilization. The guys I know who have a lot of CDs wouldn't part with any of them for love or money, and the guys that don't have many (like me) don't care enough to bother with something like Lala.com. I wonder if this is a niche thing or I am once again living in Freakville, USA.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at December 9, 2006 8:18 PM
« REMEMBER WHY SADDAM HAD TO GO?: | Main | HAS ANY DO-NOTHING CONGRESS EVER PASSSED MORE MAJOR LEGISLATION?: »