August 19, 2006

TAXPAYERS DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY MEGAN MARSHAK:

It's art, says the naked woman who'll hug a dead pig on stage (Daily Mail, 18th August 2006)

After pickled sheep, unmade beds and painting with elephant dung, some questioned where modern art could go next.

Kira O'Reilly will provide her own answer today by spending four hours naked, hugging a dead pig - at the taxpayer's expense.

The controversial Irish performance artist will invite one person at a time to watch her sit in a specially-constructed set and perform a 'crushing slow dance' with the carcass in her arms.

She claims the bizarre exhibition is an attempt to 'identify' with the pig, which she cuts with a knife during the show.

Posted by Orrin Judd at August 19, 2006 10:11 AM
Comments

What I want to know is what kind of chumps, suckers, losers and marks will "watch her sit in a specially-constructed set". It's one thing to milk free bucks from stupid bureaucrats who think it's "progressive" when they waste other people's money, but who would such a patron think they are impressing or fooling? And where's PETA protesting the desecration of the body of this poor dead animal?

(And you gotta hand it to Nelson, one photo of an upraised finger and then "dying in the saddle" shortly after his term ended was more distiguished than most VP's tenures.)

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at August 19, 2006 11:18 AM

Wait, you can get money for hugging a dead pig?

Just yesterday I picked up the 3 rack package of pork ribs from Costco. You can be darned sure I hugged that badboy and danced with it.

And wait'll you see the massage I'm going to give them babies (with dry rub) later this week.

And yes, there will be a happy ending.

Posted by: Jim in Chicago at August 19, 2006 11:21 AM

It's hard to assess a work of art, unless you actually see it. (and yes I have the link). As a work of art I would give it an 8. Without the pig it's a 3.

Posted by: h-man at August 19, 2006 4:48 PM

I refrained from dancing with the pack of ribs (bought from Costco) that my wife prepared for dinner tonight.

Posted by: Dave W at August 19, 2006 10:24 PM

?? Got this when I clicked the link above??

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /blog/archives/2006/08/ on this server.
-------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Resin/3.0.14 JRun/4.0 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.3.2 mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.7a Server at www.brothersjudd.com Port 80

Posted by: erp at August 20, 2006 6:34 AM
« COMMODITY PRICES DON'T RISE: | Main | HEY, HER REASONS ARE EVEN WORSE THAN MINE: »