January 30, 2006

SEE WHAT CABANBA BOY'S LEADERSHIP CAN DO?:

Senate Ends Alito Filibuster Attempt (Fred Barbash, 1/30/06, Washington Post)

By a 72-25 vote, the Senate cut off a symbolic filibuster attempt today on the Supreme Court nomination of Samuel A. Alito Jr., all but assuring that the federal appeals court judge will be confirmed Tuesday morning by the Senate.

While Karl Rove works the joystick....

Posted by Orrin Judd at January 30, 2006 7:51 PM
Comments

So...would this be precedent or SUPER Precedent™ that anyone as conservative as and perhaps a tad more so than Alito should skate thru confirmations to lower courts?

Posted by: John Resnick at January 30, 2006 8:00 PM

John:

Since the Gang's deal they all are skating through.

Posted by: oj at January 30, 2006 8:04 PM

Preserving the filibuster's dang near as important as getting them through. Nice to avoid that choice.

Posted by: ghostcat at January 30, 2006 9:36 PM

Dick Durbin's 37 sure votes seem to have been a wee bit off the mark.

Posted by: John at January 30, 2006 10:53 PM

The latest OpinionJournal count has 41 votes against. Wait'll the MoveOn™ites come to the conclusion that they were betrayed on the filibuster by a dozen Senators or so. Any bets on who'll be the first Senator to be compared to Bush? With any other group, the comparison would be Satan or Hitler, but for them, the first is a good guy (can't offend those Satanist-Americans in their coalition), and the latter is the second most used word in their vocabulary, right after the word that rhymes with "duck."

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at January 31, 2006 12:01 AM

A sad day in Boston.

Posted by: Genecis at January 31, 2006 3:58 PM

I wanted to get a answer to a question that I could not find on your page...I filed for bankruptcy last year before the new law went into effect..But missed my court date when the circuit judge to Roswell..The peralegal that I had paid to do this said that I would have to pay another two hundred dollars to re-file..Is this true" and what law will I fall under the old law or the new?? Please help...Thank you for your time...Robert S.

Posted by: Robert at February 3, 2006 6:52 PM