January 2, 2006

FARRIS HASSAN, DANIELLE ANSLEY & NOW...:

KID BID TO BEAT L.I. POL (KIERAN CROWLEY, January 2, 2006, NY Post)

This kid has got a prayer.

Spurred on by a Long Island politician's tirade over a priest's benediction at a public Christmas tree lighting, a 16-year-old boy has thrown his hat into the ring, seeking to oust the official.

Anthony Dedousis said the reason he's planning to run against North Hempstead Town Supervisor Jon Kaiman "is pretty simple."

"I think I can do a better job," the Manhasset HS junior said, acknowledging Kaiman's religion-neutral holiday rant was the impetus for his campaign.

Boy, the kids growing up in the world Ronald Reagan made are a-okay.

Posted by Orrin Judd at January 2, 2006 9:53 AM
Comments

As usual, the media got the name of that Iraq-bound Florida teen wrong. It isn't Farris Hassan

It's Farris Bueller!

Posted by: obc at January 2, 2006 11:30 AM

i would love to see kaisan get his ass handed to him in a debate with a 16 year old. what a tool.

Posted by: toe at January 2, 2006 11:55 AM

Wait'll Kasian hires James Carville or Markos Zuniga as his campaign consultant. I can hear the negative ads now . . .

Anthony Dedousis attends a right-wing evangelical church, he got a C-minus in Social Studies, he has Limp Bizkit on his iPod, and he couldn't get a date for last year's prom. Anthony Dedousis . . . wrong for Long Island.

"I'm Jon Kaiman, and I approved this message."

Posted by: Mike Morley at January 2, 2006 12:26 PM

I deal with a lot of kids in the 6-10 year old bracket and they've got their act together a lot better than my generation did. Gives an old man hope for the future. Of course their music is still crap, but what are you gonna do?

Posted by: Bryan at January 2, 2006 6:47 PM

His opponent was murdered by his mother in utero.

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at January 5, 2006 7:43 PM

More power to the young generation with brains. Get this generation out of office asap.

Posted by: Porcelain Pete at January 8, 2006 7:52 PM