January 29, 2006

DEALING RUDY THE LEFTIE CARD:

Full transcript: the McCain interview (Times of London, 1/26/06)

Do you believe Colin Powell, a great friend of yours, has a future in American politics?

If he wanted to be engaged in electoral politics he certainly could because he is still by far the most respected man in America. I happen to love the man and have the highest regard of him.

In a McCain Cabinet?

Oh yeah.

He’s not going to be your running mate, is he?

I don't know, because I've not thought that far ahead. But Colin Powell still has a lot to contribute to this nation.

There are people who say that you and Powell are RINOS - Republicans In Name Only?

Well, you know if I was Colin Powell and 90 per cent of the American people respected me, I would not care if they called me a banana. He is a great figure, some people disagree with him or Giuliani —pro-choice, pro-gays — well let him be a RINO, he is still an American hero. You just have to go with the flow.

There won't be many conversations between now and South Carolina where he doesn't mention that his main rival is pro-abortion and pro-gay.

Posted by Orrin Judd at January 29, 2006 4:35 PM
Comments

Why am I suspicious that McCain would be pro-abortion and pro-gay, if there were something in it for him? If, I mean, being so were the way "to go with the flow."

Posted by: pj at January 29, 2006 5:01 PM

Which is why it makes sense for his rivals, if they have the guts and don't have the voting record, to point out on every opportunity that Sen. Keating-McCain is against free speech. That would cut into his squishy base's second most important sacrament. (The first being the aforementioned anti-abortion, which the Left will dutifully exploit in the general to further erode the "moderate" vote.)

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at January 29, 2006 5:10 PM

Raoul:

Stopping politicians from speaking is popular with the country, even though a bad idea.

Posted by: oj at January 29, 2006 5:16 PM

pj:

If he were in it for himself he could have switched on those two issues and beat W in '04 as a Democrat.

Posted by: oj at January 29, 2006 5:18 PM

Touche OJ. However, I'm still uneasy about him.

Posted by: Genecis at January 29, 2006 9:38 PM

CFR.

George Soros.

He was in Ozland, post that interview.

Posted by: Sandy P at January 29, 2006 10:29 PM

OJ,

If only "stopping politicians from speaking" is what were happening. Instead, those already elected can keep on with their merry babbling. It's mere candidates, and the even lower class of person, the interested party, whose words really come under stricture.

Posted by: Kirk Parker at January 30, 2006 1:34 AM

See. It's a popular idea.

Posted by: oj at January 30, 2006 6:57 AM
« INFANTILIZED AND DEFENSELESS: | Main | LETTING OBAMA STEAL A MARCH TO THE CENTER: »