November 28, 2005

NO FARCE WOULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT HIM:

Ramsey Clark arrives in Baghdad (Sharon Behn, November 28, 2005, THE WASHINGTON TIMES)

Ramsey Clark, the former U.S. Attorney General and antiwar activist, arrived here yesterday and was expected to try to show up at the reopening of Saddam Hussein's trial in Baghdad today, but a U.S. government official warned that he was not officially registered with the court.

No one illustrates the ideology of the modern Left better than Mr. Clark, who can excuse the actions of any regime so long as it opposed the United States.

Posted by Orrin Judd at November 28, 2005 7:51 AM
Comments

You can be sure of one thing.

Wherever Mr. Jellyfish shows up, CNN cameras are sure to be close by.

Posted by: John J. Coupal at November 28, 2005 9:39 AM

He makes a very inviting target for those who don't like Saddam's attorneys.

Posted by: Sandy P at November 28, 2005 10:59 AM

Someone should ask Howard Dean if he approves of Democrat Ramsey Clark, who served under Democrat Lyndon Johnson, working for Saddam Hussein. We could get quite an answer to that question.

And for all the lefty trolls out there, does this prove that the US is again in bed with Saddam?

Posted by: jim hamlen at November 28, 2005 11:35 AM

Jim, I would rather they ask Clinton, Bayh and Kerry. Now that would be interesting.

Posted by: Genecis at November 28, 2005 12:46 PM

The chances of any msm reporter asking a Democrat a question about Ramsey Clark are zip, but maybe Bret will deal with it tonight on the livliest two minutes on television. I hope he does, Juan and Mara's dancing around will be fun to watch.

Posted by: erp at November 28, 2005 12:53 PM

Can I question their patriotism now? Please?

Posted by: Mikey at November 28, 2005 1:25 PM

I want to know if Jim McDermott is going to be a character witness.

Posted by: ratbert at November 28, 2005 1:43 PM

The old Wizard of Id comic strip had a great one on this, which I called to mind when I heard about Ramsey Clark and Saddam.

In the cartoon, a peasant type is standing on a scaffold, noose around his neck, saying to his briefcase-toting lawyer, "I thought you said my case was being appealed to a higher court."
The next frame shows the lawyer descending the steps, replying, "Keep your shirt on, Ace."

Posted by: Lou Gots at November 30, 2005 7:08 PM