November 18, 2005

KEEP BRINGING THEIR SUGGESTIONS TO A VOTE:

Mr. Murtha's proposal just carried a whole three members of the House, with even Bernie Sanders opposed.

Posted by Orrin Judd at November 18, 2005 11:28 PM
Comments

My dad, a political independent, just left a voice-mail on my cellphone asking if I was watching these Congressmen making jackasses of themselves on C-Span. I haven't been watching, but it sure sounds like the Dems just engaged in a heated argument with the GOP and then wussed out when the Moment of Truth arrived. What a perfect demonstration of the, dare I say, quagmire their party is in right now.

Posted by: Matt Murphy at November 18, 2005 11:38 PM

Matt:

It certainly became clear why no one had ever heard Murtha speak before.

Posted by: oj at November 18, 2005 11:41 PM

I wanted to send Jeanne Schmidt a "you go girl" but her web page would only accept e-mails from her district.

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at November 19, 2005 2:07 AM

Bet the moonbats are not taking this well. Anyone been over to Kos or DU lately to see? (I'd go myself, but I'd have to disinfect my computer afterward, and I'm all out of Lysol.)

Posted by: Mike Morley at November 19, 2005 7:39 AM

I heard or read 6 Representatives excused themselves from voting. Anyone know who they were?

Posted by: Genecis at November 19, 2005 11:21 AM

Genecis,

Capuano, Clay, Hinchey, McDermott, Nadler, and Owens voted 'present,' 22 others abstained, but I can't find a list of them.

Posted by: erp at November 19, 2005 2:40 PM

For a while the C-SPAN scoreboard showed a GOP "aye", which I assumed was Ron Paul, but in the end, that vote disappeared.

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at November 19, 2005 8:20 PM

That was John Lindner

Posted by: oj at November 19, 2005 8:37 PM

Lindner?! I know he has libertarian musings, but he must have been nuts to hit the 'yes' button.

Unless he was showing suburban Atlanta solidarity by supporting Cynthia McKinney.

Posted by: jim hamlen at November 19, 2005 10:10 PM
« DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HECK OF ALOT OF DIMES: | Main | NO, HE'S THE REAL TERMINATOR...: »