September 12, 2005

BRING IN THE LEFTHANDER:

Corzine's lead over Forrester has grown: 20-point edge may be tied to anger on hurricane aid (JOE DONOHUE, September 12, 2005, Newark Star-Ledger)

As the New Jersey governor's race heads into its final eight weeks, Democrat Jon Corzine holds a commanding lead of 20 percentage points over Republican Doug Forrester, according to a new Star-Ledger/Eagleton-Rutgers Poll.

Corzine was favored by 48 percent to 28 percent for Forrester among registered voters surveyed last week. Among those voters who said they were likely to go to the polls Nov. 8, Corzine leads by 18 points, 49 percent to 31 percent.

Clears the Senate seat for an Al Leiter run.

Posted by Orrin Judd at September 12, 2005 12:00 AM
Comments

I can see why New Jersey voters would be angry over the hurricane relief efforts in Louisiana, I mean . . . the connection is . . . so . . . obvious . . . that . . . I . . . can't really . . . describe it.

Posted by: Mike Morley at September 12, 2005 11:31 AM

All decent Americans are angry about it, even if it's not "in their backyard." That's...so...obvious...that...I ...can't really...describe it.

Posted by: at September 12, 2005 1:08 PM

Actually, all anyone seems to care about is that the refugees not end up in their town.

Posted by: oj at September 12, 2005 1:12 PM

The reason is that not everyone cares only about what happens in their own back yard. People all across the country are angry.

And that's so ...obvious...I...can't...even...describe ...it.

goodbye,

Pollyanna

Posted by: at September 12, 2005 1:13 PM

Yes, people are concerned, angry, moved to generosity, all over the country. What I can't get is the idea that significant numbers of voters in New Jersey will choose one gubenatorial candidate over another based on events that happened half a continent away, which are not a local NJ issue and did not involve either candidate.

That would be like me deciding which Medina, Ohio city council candidate to vote for based on my perceptions of relative blame between Nagin, Blanco, and FEMA.

Posted by: Mike Morley at September 12, 2005 1:47 PM

Well, OF COURSE the huge lead must be attributable to the hurricane. How else could you explain the Democratic candidate having a huge lead in New Jersey?

In other news, Republicans will do very well in state elections in Utah next year, a clear reflection of the support for FEMA's disaster relief skills among residents there...

Posted by: b at September 12, 2005 1:51 PM

I too blame this lead on the hurricane. It has taken so muchy attention away from the corruption charges against the good Senator from New Joisey.

Posted by: obc at September 12, 2005 9:42 PM
« WHY WOULD ANY MIDDLE CLASS STRAIGHT WHITE MALE VOTE DEMOCRATIC? | Main | LESSER OF TWO EVILS, GREATER OF TWO GOODS »