August 27, 2005

ANTI-SEMITES OF A FEATHER:

White supremacists
claim Cindy's cause
: Holding rally: 'We don't want leftist Johnny-come-latelys' to hijack issue (Joe Kovacs, August 26, 2005, WorldNetDaily.com)

The latest entrants in the saga of Cindy Sheehan vs. the White House are white supremacists, as they plan to rally against the Iraq War this weekend in Crawford, Texas.

Members of Stormfront.org are tossing their figurative hoods into the mix, as they invite supporters to come to Camp Casey to "let the world know that white patriots were first and loudest to protest this war for Israel."

The Left/Right Vulcan mind-meld continues.

MORE:
The Paranoid Style: Iraq: Where socialists and anarchists join in with racialists and paleocons. (Victor Davis Hanson, 8/26/05, National Review)

It is becoming nearly impossible to sort the extreme rhetoric of the antiwar Left from that of the fringe paleo-Right. Both see the Iraqi war through the same lenses: the American effort is bound to fail and is a deep reflection of American pathology.

An anguished Cindy Sheehan calls Bush "the world's biggest terrorist." And she goes on to blame Israel for the death of her son ("Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel").

Her antiwar venom could easily come right out of the mouth of a more calculating David Duke. Perhaps that's why he lauded her anti-Semitism: "Courageously she has gone to Texas near the ranch of President Bush and braved the elements and a hostile Jewish supremacist media."

This odd symbiosis began right after 9/11.

Posted by Orrin Judd at August 27, 2005 12:00 AM
Comments

This is just great !

Posted by: jd watson at August 27, 2005 5:04 AM

Only in America!

Posted by: erp at August 27, 2005 8:38 AM

Absolutely no surprise here. Whether they are anti-semetic, anti-Zionist, Hesperophobic, or just old-fashioned anti-American, Comsymp peace creeps, the birds of a feather will flock together. This is reminiscent of the post-Ribbontrop Agreement Nazi-Soviet detente.

Posted by: Lou Gots at August 27, 2005 9:01 AM

Everything I need to know about international relations, I learned from Tom Lehrer.

Posted by: David Cohen at August 27, 2005 9:37 AM

David, I had to idea you were old enough to know about Tom Lehrer. I still play an old tape now and then. It's as timely as it ever was and he still makes me laugh even though I know all words.

Posted by: erp [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 27, 2005 11:51 AM

Speaking of Lehrer, last I heard of him, he was a full member in good standing on the Left side of this moronic convergence.

And don't forget Randy Newman's "Political Science".

(Yeah, I know it's meant to be sarcastic, but is it my fault he did such a lousy job of getting his real point across?)

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at August 27, 2005 12:45 PM

I'm young, but omniscient.

Posted by: David Cohen at August 27, 2005 3:03 PM

...come to Camp Casey to "let the world know that white patriots were first and loudest to protest this war for Israel".

Hee.

Hee hee hee.

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

That Karl Rove! How does he even dream UP this stuff?

Posted by: Andrew X at August 27, 2005 3:24 PM

Raoul, Tom Lehrer was always on the left.

Listening to his lyrics now is like a time machine of leftist thought. They were so clever and harmless thirty five years ago, we wonder what all the fuss was about.

Lucky for us, some of us, at least, we can't understand a word of the anti-war leftist moonbattery in today's pop culture, but I'd be willing to bet "clever and harmless" wouldn't be the words I'd use to describe if I could understand it.

Posted by: erp [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 27, 2005 4:00 PM