June 22, 2005

APPEALING TO AN EVER SMALLER CORE OF FANATICS (via Matt Murphy):

20%: Gitmo Prisoners Treated Unfairly (RasmussenReports.com, June 22, 2005)

A Rasmussen Reports survey found that 20% of Americans believe prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have been treated unfairly. Seven-out-of-ten adults believe the prisoners are being treated "better than they deserve" (36%) or "about right" (34%).

The survey also found that just 14% agree with people who say that prisoner treatment at Guantanamo Bay is similar to Nazi tactics. Sixty-nine percent disagree with that comparison.


As Brother Murphy points out, I was quite wrong about Howard Dean and the current Democratic leadership just trying to protect their core 40% of the electorate. They've apparently decided to halve that.

Posted by Orrin Judd at June 22, 2005 8:55 PM
Comments

Great! I would imagine many have sent this little gem of a survey to Sen. Durbin. He probably knew of it before he got all misty eyed.

Posted by: Tom Wall at June 22, 2005 9:36 PM

OJ:

Thanks for posting.

"Smalkler"? :-)

Posted by: Matt Murphy at June 22, 2005 9:58 PM

There is no way the Democrats can get 40% as an out and out socialist anti-American party, which is what they really are. 20% might be a stretch.

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at June 22, 2005 10:05 PM

But everyone who doesn't vote agrees with them!

Posted by: David Cohen at June 22, 2005 10:06 PM

And note only 14% of Americans buy the hare-brained Nazi comparison.

What kind of political advisor comes up to Durbin and says "Gee, senator, this internal polling shows 14% of Americans think our soldiers are Nazis. I think it's worth alienating the other insignificant 86% if we can just hold on to our base."

Posted by: Matt Murphy at June 22, 2005 10:48 PM

IOW, 20% of the American people share the same opinion as 95% of the MSM. That is not a surprise.

Posted by: bart at June 23, 2005 9:03 AM

It becomes harder and harder not to imagine that the Democrats are being manipulated by right-wing agents-provocateur.

Posted by: Lou Gots at June 23, 2005 10:33 AM

They just keep hoping and fervently waiting for that magical moment when all of us brainwashed, zombie-like "shrub" worshippers will wake up and realize how wrong we've been. 20% to them means that there is still hope for the future.

Posted by: Dave W. at June 23, 2005 10:57 AM
« A BIG RED DOG AND LITTLE BLUE POLS (via Rick Turley): | Main | VOINOVICH IS RIGHT: »