June 25, 2005

AND THEN THERE'S THE DEMOCRAT WHO GETS IT:

Clinton Honors Graham at Last Revival (RACHEL ZOLL, 6/24/05, AP)

As his final American revival meeting continued Saturday, a fragile Billy Graham was met onstage by former President Clinton, who honored the evangelist, calling him "a man I love."

Clinton spoke briefly before Graham's sermon and recalled how the man known as America's pastor had refused to preach before a segregated audience in Arkansas decades ago when that state was in a bitter fight over school desegregation.

"I was just a little boy and I'll never forget it," said Clinton, who was joined by his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. "I've loved him ever since. God bless you, friend."

Posted by Orrin Judd at June 25, 2005 10:52 PM
Comments

Your assessment hinges on what the meaning of "it" is.

Posted by: ghostcat at June 25, 2005 11:17 PM

I couldn't stand Clinton in office. However, now that he is out, he seems to be behaving as an ex-president should. He compares well with Bush Sr and shows no interest in becoming a piss poor ex-president like Carter.

The real test will be if Hillary runs. If he joins the moonbat left to get Hillary elected this judgement will change.

Posted by: AWW at June 25, 2005 11:25 PM

Clinton does love anyone who will give him another moment's publicity. In that sense he is sincere.

Posted by: ZF at June 26, 2005 12:52 AM

AWW - One thing about Clinton, he's smart enough not to join the moonbat left - a sure path to get Hillary defeated.

Posted by: pj at June 26, 2005 6:27 AM

It disgusted me that on the Sunday after the whole Lewinsky affair was brought to light, Clinton was pictured leaving church, Bible in hand. Hypocrisy such as this gives religion a really bad name.

Posted by: Dorothy Judd at June 26, 2005 7:02 AM

This sounds too much like his 'memory' of Black churches being bombed and burned.

Posted by: Chris B at June 26, 2005 9:11 AM

Gag me with a spoon.

The first and only time I've ever thought that expression was appropriate.

I can understand the Clinton's motives, but why would Graham have them?

AWW - Don't you remember all the slams Clinton makes against Bush when he's being interviewed on foreign soil and the speeches in which he blamed America for 9/11.

The two of them are shameless liars and opportunists.

Posted by: erp at June 26, 2005 9:17 AM

AWW
What could Bill and Hill have had in mind on Saturday? Praise of Graham? Give yourself a break.

Posted by: Genecis at June 26, 2005 10:00 AM

Clinton may have grown up in an evangelical church but Ms Rodham did not and when it was time for their Sunday photo opportunities it was Hillary who decided where they went to worship. While they were in the White House they attended Foundry Methodist, probably as liberal a church as you'll find. I wonder if Hillary is still a member. If not, I'm sure they'll go back there if they ever return to the White House (an event which would send me back to church).

Posted by: George at June 26, 2005 2:23 PM