April 28, 2005

THIS IS WHAT PASSES FOR A MODERATE DEMOCRAT THESE DAYS?:

Salazar regrets 'Antichrist' barb (M.E. Sprengelmeyer, April 28, 2005, Rocky Mountain News)

Sen. Ken Salazar said Wednesday he regrets referring to Focus on the Family and its founder James Dobson as "the Antichrist" - a term among the worst slurs in Christianity.

How are they ever going to appeal to Evangelicals?

Posted by Orrin Judd at April 28, 2005 1:51 PM
Comments

Say it louder, and with greater feeling.

Posted by: Luciferous at April 28, 2005 2:45 PM

If Salazar keeps this up, Senate Democrats won't have to worry about what they're going to do for comedy relief in their caucus once Mark Dayton retires.

Posted by: John at April 28, 2005 3:48 PM

Salazar should be a lesson to voters everywhere- he acted like a moderate Dem to get elected in a light red state and upon getting to DC veered to the left.

And I think I read somewhere that the Focus on Family group is based in Colorado so Salazar was attacking people in his own state.

Posted by: AWW at April 28, 2005 3:59 PM

Wait until this gets played in Spanish on radio and TV in CO (and elsewhere).

I can hear it now - the gringos are after me! Call them off! Call them off!

Posted by: jim hamlen at April 28, 2005 4:37 PM

It is. FF HQ is in Colorado Springs, just up the road from where I work. Salazar's usually quite a bit smoother than this, or maybe he's taking a page out of Ahnuld's book.

Posted by: joe shropshire at April 28, 2005 4:40 PM

"maybe he's taking a page out of Ahnuld's book."

I am thinking Barbara Boxer-Shorts

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at April 29, 2005 10:54 AM

Also a possibility. He seems better controlled than that, so I suspect he may have just been trying to thrill his base (Denver, Boulder and the trustafarian colonies on the western slope) with a quick retraction to limit the damage. Or maybe he just lost his temper.

Posted by: joe shropshire at April 29, 2005 12:21 PM