February 25, 2005

TWO FAVORITES:

-VIDEO: Washington Journal: Mark Steyn (C-SPAN, 2/25/05)

It doesn't get any better than Brian Lamb interviewing Mark Steyn.

Posted by Orrin Judd at February 25, 2005 6:40 PM
Comments

Sitting by a lake on a sunny spring day with a pretty girl ... Watching the Tar Heels win another national championship ... Learning that one's cancer has gone into permanent remission ...

Yes ... it does get better than Brian Lamb interviewing Mark Steyn.

Posted by: Semolina at February 25, 2005 8:17 PM

I would add watching Megadeth live to the above list.

Posted by: Ali Choudhury at February 25, 2005 8:35 PM

Ahh, Dave Mustaine... The heavy metal conservative to top all heavy metal conservatives (and there are more of 'em out there than one might suspect).

I'll take Rush live, myself, but Megadeth will do in a pinch.

Posted by: Semolina at February 25, 2005 8:47 PM

Not exactly the equivalent of dropping 'ludes and watching Megadeth, but I enjoyed the interview, FWIW.

Posted by: Ed Driscoll at February 25, 2005 9:05 PM

?

Firefox is giving me a "rtsp is not a registered protocol" error message.

Posted by: Ali Choudhury at February 25, 2005 9:07 PM

Ali,

I use IE, but I couldn't get it to load by clicking on it either--it just 404ed. I ended up having to paste the URL of the video straight into the Real Player itself, and then it worked fine.

Posted by: Ed Driscoll at February 25, 2005 9:30 PM

Ok, ok. Semolina and Ali have it topped. It was still a good interview.

Posted by: Gideon at February 25, 2005 9:56 PM

Thanks, it was great. I personally would put it far above Magadeth and the Tar Heels, but beneath Puccini's greatest hits and Condi Rice in stylish black.

Posted by: Peter B at February 26, 2005 10:22 AM

Walking around in what was once East Berlin, without having to wear a uniform; watching as the formerly East Germans sold off their gear, and little ziploc bags of the former Berlin wall, under the Brandenburg Gate. Not much else.

Posted by: joe shropshire at February 26, 2005 8:10 PM

We are confirmed believers in the fact that the peak of human culture was the last half of the 18th century. Naturally, we are great fans of Mozart. We once took a couple of Wagnerians to see the Metropolitan Opera production of the Magic Flute, the one with the Chagal scenery. At the intermission. One of them said: "Does it get any better in the second act?" and we replied: "No, it doesn't get any better than this."

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at February 26, 2005 10:04 PM