January 29, 2005

NOT THAT I'M HINTING AT ANYTHING

Single-game tickets on sale today: Seats will be available online or by telephone at 10 a.m. (Ian Browne, MLB.com, 01/29/05)

The Red Sox, who had sold out their last 145 regular season home games even before winning the World Series last October, will put 2005 single-game tickets on sale via telephone and the Internet, beginning at 10 a.m. ET today. . . .

With the exception of Opening Day (Yankees on April 11), Patriots Day (April 18 vs. Toronto) and the nine other regular season games against the Yankees, fans will be able to purchase tickets for all home games at redsox.com or by calling (617) 482-4SOX. Fans with disabilities can call (877) REDSOX-9 to purchase accessible seating as long as it is available.

Opening Day is my birthday.

Posted by David Cohen at January 29, 2005 9:49 AM
Comments

We need to have our official Brothers Judd baseball outing this year, but the NH Fisher Cats are a more likely venue--no state border violation....

Posted by: oj at January 29, 2005 10:21 AM

David - Sorry, they said they were sold out on April 11. Wail 'till next year!

Posted by: pj at January 29, 2005 12:07 PM

Two years ago, I was in the Green Monster seats with my old grad adviser and David Ortiz hit a game-winning homerun that landed a few rows behind me, and I got up and yelled, in my best Andres Cantor impression,'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!' The whole section went nuts.

Posted by: Bart at January 29, 2005 1:00 PM

The day Andres Cantor and Norberto Longo stopped doing the soccer play-by-play and color commentary on Univision was a very sad one. Even Oren would have liked them.

Posted by: Jorge at January 29, 2005 3:06 PM

The only soccer I'll watch is World Cup on Univision.

Posted by: Bart at January 29, 2005 5:25 PM

Around AL parks this summer, when it comes to sheer obnoxiousness, it sounds as if Red Sox fans will be competing to to take the place of Yankee fans. And winning.

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at January 29, 2005 6:08 PM
« THESE CLOWNS ARE CRITICIZING THE ADMINISTRATION'S DIPLOMACY?: | Main | BLAMING SADDAM (via Matt Murphy): »