February 12, 2013
HAD HE FAVORED FREE TRADE AND IMMIGRATION...:
During our wide-ranging interview, Shlaes discusses such topics as:
● The real version of Coolidge's "the business of America is business" quote.
● The surprising modernity of the 1920s and Coolidge himself.
● The tragic and untimely death of Coolidge's son, and how it impacted Coolidge himself.
● Coolidge's fear of where the unending expansion of government could lead.
● Who best fits the model of Coolidge today.
And much more. Click here to listen:
...he'd have been a great president.
Posted by Orrin Judd at February 12, 2013 5:40 AM