February 23, 2009

SO WE'VE GOT THAT GOING FOR US...:

Simple elixir called a 'miracle liquid': Electrolyzed water cleans, degreases -- and treats athlete's foot. The solution is replacing toxic chemicals. (Marla Dickerson, February 23, 2009, LA Times)

It's a kitchen degreaser. It's a window cleaner. It kills athlete's foot. Oh, and you can drink it.

Sounds like the old "Saturday Night Live" gag for Shimmer, the faux floor polish plugged by Gilda Radner. But the elixir is real. It has been approved by U.S. regulators. And it's starting to replace the toxic chemicals Americans use at home and on the job.

The stuff is a simple mixture of table salt and tap water whose ions have been scrambled with an electric current. Researchers have dubbed it electrolyzed water -- hardly as catchy as Mr. Clean. But at the Sheraton Delfina in Santa Monica, some hotel workers are calling it el liquido milagroso -- the miracle liquid.

That's as good a name as any for a substance that scientists say is powerful enough to kill anthrax spores without harming people or the environment.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Posted by Orrin Judd at February 23, 2009 10:26 PM
blog comments powered by Disqus
« THE PRO-OBAMA NO VOTES: | Main | NOW IF ONLY GAS WERE $5 A GALLON...: »