September 8, 2006

ALL GOOD FASHION COMMENTARY IS CONSERVATIVE

The Chics of the Dictators (Manolo the Shoeblogger, Politics Central, September 7th, 2006)

Aham.jpg

Manolo says, one of the Manolo’s many internet friends has asked the Manolo to comment upon the clothing of the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the koo-koo-nutty president of Iran.

Normally, the Manolo he does not care to think too much about the sartorial choices of such ridiculous and dangerous peoples, preferring in the stead to devote his precious thinking time to weightier matters, such as whether or not the loathsome Jeffrey will be one of the Project Runway final three, or if the Hasselhoff will ever again find the true love with the career chick of his dreams.

But, the Manolo he is nothing if not obliging to his internet friends, and so he will make the brief remarks.

Briefly and remarkably, the President of the Iran wears the same khaki windbreaker, wrinkled trousers, cheap oxford shirts, scruffy beard and wild eyes favored by the aging high school chemistry teachers everywhere.

Yes, in his youth he was the firebrand who would shake the very foundations of the society, but today he is content to expound upon his paranoid conspiracy theories while exercising his petty autocratic powers over the dull kids who sit in the back of the class.

In the word, he has tenure.

Read on.

Posted by Peter Burnet at September 8, 2006 8:03 PM
Comments

Ah, the Manolo he is the man of the good fashion sense.

Posted by: jd watson at September 8, 2006 11:43 PM

Perhaps while he's in New York for the U.N. General Assembly, The Learning Channel can book Ahmadinejad as the latest makeover project on "What Not to Wear", and give him a $5,000 NYC shopping spree through the city's fashionable boutique clothing establishments.

Posted by: John at September 8, 2006 11:54 PM

The Queer Eye guys need to do him.

Posted by: Gideon at September 9, 2006 12:45 AM

Is that "do him" or "dress him"? :-)

Posted by: Kay in CA at September 9, 2006 6:02 AM

Dictators and their fashion statements! Ah, Manolo, what a treasure. I agree that Jeffrey is loathsome, but he's so good at impressing the judges with his outré designs.

I think the talented and modest Michael will win the Project Runway contest. The white shirt he made for himself was utterly fabulous. I wonder that no manufacturer has marketed it.

Posted by: erp at September 9, 2006 9:52 AM

Dictators and their fashion statements! Ah, Manolo, what a treasure. I agree with him that Jeffrey on ''Project Runway is loathsome, but he's so good at impressing the judges with his outré designs. Even so, I think the talented and soft-spoken Michael will be the last one standing. The white shirt he made for himself was utterly fabulous. I wonder that no manufacturer has marketed it.

Posted by: erp at September 9, 2006 10:09 AM

I say there's no double post above, so whom do you believe -- the me or your lying eyes.

I blame everthing on the touchpad which is far too quick. If I were using a lumbering mouse, there wouldn't have been a double post.

Posted by: erp at September 9, 2006 10:20 AM
« INSTEAD OF CANCELLING THE 9-11 SERIES: | Main | ANY PRETEXT WOULD HAVE DONE: »