August 15, 2005

BLOGS JUMP THE SHARK:

Someone who watches tv more will likely be able to reconstruct this better than I, but I saw an ad for a new show that seems to star a grown up Doogie Howser and one of the lines they feature is: "I am so going to blog this." or "This is so going in my blog." Whichever it is, it's a bad sign.

Posted by Orrin Judd at August 15, 2005 5:59 PM
Comments

I'm not going to stop doing something just because it's now "cool". I've been in and out of clothing fashion before simply by wearing the same thing for decades at a time and I can outlast this phase of popularity as well until I'm a wierdo once again.

Posted by: Annoying Old Guy at August 15, 2005 6:44 PM

With someone as cool as the grown up Doogie Howser hyping them blogs might finally take off.

Posted by: carter at August 15, 2005 6:53 PM

carter:

Haven't seen Harold & Kumar yet have you?

Posted by: oj at August 15, 2005 7:46 PM

At least it wasn't Joey (Matt LeBlanc) or Charlie Sheen.

Posted by: jim hamlen at August 15, 2005 9:35 PM

Harold and Kumar is freakin hilarious.

Posted by: JAB at August 15, 2005 9:40 PM

They know the buzzword, OJ, which isn't surprising, given the PR blitz the Huffington Post received for its (current invisible) stable of celebrity bloggers. But Hollywood just doesn't understand yet what blogging means in terms of a given and take between the blogger, his/her web links and the back-and-forth in the reader comments. They still think it's something like them playing the role of Charlton Heston coming down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments and telling people what's what without any dissent fron the masses.

Posted by: John at August 15, 2005 10:59 PM

I don't know about blogging, but Maryland PBS is now televising how to play poker. Whether this means PBS or poker on tv has jumped is up to you.

Posted by: mike beversluis at August 15, 2005 11:42 PM

I think the expression "jump the shark" may well have jumped the shark.

Posted by: Brit at August 16, 2005 9:16 AM
« FORGET VETOES, THEY SHOULD BE LARDING BILLS UP WITH EXTRA PORK: | Main | A HOSPICE WITHOUT PAINKILLERS?: »