September 27, 2004

NO MAS

Kerry appeals for end to election advertising war (afp, 9/27/04)

Democratic presidential challenger John Kerry appealed for an end to the TV advertising war that has marked his election battle against President George W. Bush.

Kerry said the avalanche of negative television spots and attacks being shown on US screens was scaring off voters.

"Americans need a real conversation over our future," Kerry said in a speech at a school in Spring Green, Wisconsin.

"What they don't need is all these trumped up advertisements, they just make people curl up and walk away," added the Massachusetts senator.

"I'm calling them 'misleadisments,'" Kerry said of the adverts. "It's all scare tactics ... because (Bush) has no record to run on."

The Democrats have complained bitterly about a new advertisement that shows Osama bin Laden, September 11 hijack leader Mohamed Atta, Saddam Hussein and the ruins of the World Trade Center, and questioned whether Kerry was up to dealing with them.

There's so much here my head is going to explode.

1. "Hey, George, it's John. You know those vicious attack ads that have devastated my campaign, while not touching you? Why don't we call them off?"

2. I'm sure that makes sense to Agence France-Presse.

3. This is the perfect campaign. They haven't missed a single item on the loser's checklist.

4. How far up inside the bubble are these guys stuck? No matter how much the Democrats assure each other otherwise, the American people just don't hate the President. Showing up is not enough to elect JFK II.

5. "Misleadisments"? That's just pathetic.

6. (From Kay) Saying that the President doesn't have a record to run on doesn't actually make it so.

Posted by David Cohen at September 27, 2004 7:28 PM
Comments

Why does Kerry keep saying Bush has no record to run on? It makes no sense.

Posted by: Kay at September 27, 2004 7:41 PM

"5. 'Misleadisments'? That's just pathetic."

Is that a French term?

Posted by: Fred Jacobsen (San Fran) at September 27, 2004 7:44 PM

"Teacher, he's getting ahead of me. Make him stop."

This guy is giving Jimmy Carter a serious run for the money in the ninny department.

Posted by: Bruce Cleaver at September 27, 2004 8:10 PM

He's whining. I can't stand whining.

Posted by: Joe at September 27, 2004 8:30 PM

Once again the man's preference for surrender is on display.

If Kerry and the Dems were stop their "negative television spots and attacks [from] being shown on US screens" the networks and cable stations will be denied tens of millions of dollars they were expecting, and we'll be subjected to endless PSAs taking their place until 02 November.

Posted by: Raoul Ortega at September 27, 2004 8:45 PM

I'd call them "divertisments" but that's just me. Sounds like the MoveOn bankroll is drying up.

Posted by: AC at September 27, 2004 9:15 PM

Time to tap Teresa (again).

Posted by: jim hamlen at September 27, 2004 9:21 PM

Losers, to differentiate from those who simply lose, can be unmistakably identified by their incessant whining. Has America ever elected a known loser as President?

Posted by: MB at September 27, 2004 9:24 PM

The IowaHawk still said it best:

I Have Three Words For George Bush -- Bring It On

I Have Five More Words For George Bush -- Call Off Your On-Bringers

Posted by: H.D. Miller at September 27, 2004 10:05 PM

Vintage John Kerry -- let's stop all the negativity and by the way Mr. President you suck and have nothing to run on.

Uh, Mr. Kerry, you wanna stop the negativity? You first, bucko.

Posted by: Matt Murphy at September 27, 2004 10:41 PM

Fred - Ever noticed how Kerry copies Bush as he criticizes him? 'Misleadisments' is just Kerry's attempt to get in on Bush's 'misunderestimated' political windfall. But it's not endearing in Kerry's case, especially since he's the one with misleading attacks (e.g. stem cells banned, draft returning).

Posted by: pj at September 27, 2004 11:18 PM

The revolution will not be misleadismentized.

Posted by: carter at September 27, 2004 11:32 PM

I assume the message is that Kerry is running out of money. This is not suprising as the food bill at his headquarters must be astronomical. Bush's response should be to run more ads in the purple states and bleed the Kerry campaign dry.

Terresa will flip if she is put on short rations in October.

Posted by: Robert Schwartz at September 28, 2004 1:29 AM

J. Kerry : "At first, I was for things before I was against them. Then I started to drone endlessly about arcane details, which made my audience fall asleep. Now I have developualized a strange tentrendacyment to speak in misunderexplicastandable termaments. Do I need to see a doctor ?"

Posted by: Peter at September 28, 2004 3:22 AM

By the way, what ever happened to the economy? I thought that was the horse he was going to ride down the home stretch.

Posted by: David Cohen at September 28, 2004 7:37 AM

H.D. - I jumped in here to post those very words. Heh.

But, credit where due.... They are from the incomparable Mark Steyn.

Posted by: Andrew X at September 28, 2004 8:11 AM

Great posts! From "No Mas" to "Call Off Your On-Bringers"

brothersjudd does it best!

Posted by: JimGooding at September 28, 2004 9:53 AM
« MR. KLAUS...PARTY OF ONE...YOUR TABLE IS READY | Main | WE KNOW ABOUT FIRE, BUT MURDER IS SPEECH TOO? (via Flag of the World): »