August 6, 2008

NO MATTER HOW HONEST AND ABOVE BOARD MAVERICK USUALLY IS...:

That's Totally Hot: Paris Hilton Responds to McCain (Ken Wheaton, 08.06.08, Advertising Age: Campaign Trail)

Hilton comes off as a celebrity version of Joe Lieberman in the video, offering a hybrid bipartisan solution to the energy crisis by combining elements from the energy policies of McCain and Obama. To be honest, after Obama's most recent "shift" on energy policy, Hilton's plan sounds exactly like his. After offering her solution, Hilton adds: "I'll see you at the debate, bitches."

...it's hard to believe this wasn't co-ordinated with the Hilton family--which supports him--to further associate the Unicorn Rider with bubble-headed bimbosity. Doesn't hurt that she seems more masculine than him either.

Posted by Orrin Judd at August 6, 2008 10:39 AM

This is getting beyond silly.

Posted by: Gideon7 at August 6, 2008 11:09 AM

This was just on the noontime news. It is a super-hoot.

Of course the above closing remark nails it: Paris Hilton is every bit as serious a candidate as the Effendi.

Posted by: Lou Gots at August 6, 2008 11:17 AM

I thought this was going to be an absolute snoozer of an election. Looks like I was wrong.

Posted by: Dreadnought at August 6, 2008 12:01 PM

Paris Hilton has the ability to make fun of herself--unlike some other celebrities we could mention.

Posted by: Mike Morley at August 6, 2008 12:35 PM

I don't care for Paris Hilton; however, this is rather funny.

Posted by: pchuck at August 6, 2008 1:01 PM

Honest-to-goodness Christian Science Monitor headline right now: Will Paris Hilton's Energy Plan Work?

Voltaire had it right: "God is a comic playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh."

Posted by: Mike Earl at August 6, 2008 3:10 PM

She comes across as more masculine, she also comes across as smarter.

And that is a heck of play right there.

Posted by: Mikey at August 6, 2008 3:13 PM

And I mean 'smarter' because she has carefully cultivated the image of a bubble-headed bleached blonde (and no one does 'blonde' better), yet she obviously worked real fast to get the writers and everything else together to capitalize on this - assuming she did not know of the McCain commercial before it aired.

"Thanks, guys! You made me even more famous and celebratory with minimal effort on my part! As the late George Peppard would say "I love it when a plan comes together."!"

Posted by: Mikey at August 6, 2008 6:42 PM