April 22, 2008

OBAMA RULES:

Rules changing for Obama (Michael Barone, April 22, 2008, Washington Times)

Barack Obama seemed puzzled. Angrily puzzled. The apostle of hope seemed flummoxed by the audacity of the question. At the April 16 Philadelphia debate, George Stephanopoulos, longtime aide to Democratic politicians, was asking about his longtime association with Weather Underground bomber William Ayers.

The Weather Underground attacked the Pentagon, the Capitol and other public buildings; Mr. Ayers was quoted in the New York Times on Sept. 11, 2001, as saying, "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough."

It was at Mr. Ayers' house that Mr. Obama's state Senate candidacy was launched in 1995; Mr. Obama continued to serve on a nonprofit board with Mr. Ayers after the Times article appeared.

Obamaites live-blogging the debate were outraged. The press is not supposed to ask such questions.

If Senator Obama were a Yankee pitcher, the manager would only be allowed to bring him in to face one batter at a time--a lefty--and it would have to be before the 5th inning, because you can't trust him with a late lead.

Posted by Orrin Judd at April 22, 2008 8:19 AM
Comments

Give me a break! The best thing we can say about the Effendi is that there's a reasonable doubt that he's a conscious, committed, paid agent of hostile foreign powers.

Well,I'm getting ready to go out the door to vote for Effendi Obama in the the Pennsylvania Democrat primary (My stamped, filled-out voter registration card switching back to my usual registration is in my hand). We want him either nominated, or so close to nomination that those people will have to tear their party to shreds in order to save it.

Let's get this party started: it's time to cry havoc.

Posted by: Lou Gots at April 22, 2008 9:21 AM

Wait, I thought we wanted Hillary to win in PA to keep her in the race until the convention. "Confusion to the enemy" and all that.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter for me. I live in Vermont and nobody gives a damn what we think. ("Thankfully!" cries a chorus of Brothers Judd readers.)

Posted by: Bryan at April 22, 2008 10:22 AM

Lou - Strategic or not, some acts are beyond the pale.

Posted by: curt at April 22, 2008 10:35 AM

Rush has hit the mother lode with Operation Chaos.

His piece where he intones that the delegate sitting next to you in Denver might be his is great. And today he said that he and Howard Dean are fighting for control of the Democratic party. Too rich.

If Hillary wins PA by 15, I can't wait to hear Jesse and Reverend Al go after her for disenfranchising the black vote in Philly. And wait untill Obama goes full Pied Piper mode and tells the 'youth' of America that the fate of the nation is in their hand(s). He just might let it slip that he favors euthanasia more aggressively than he does infanticide.

Posted by: ratbert at April 22, 2008 1:39 PM

It says "4 comments" but I don't see any.

Posted by: Brad at April 23, 2008 5:35 AM
« IT'S NOT YOUR GRANDPA'S GREAT DEPRESSION: | Main | YOU GUYS, ON THE OTHER HAND, SHOULD KEEP THE LIGHT UNDER THE BUSHEL: »