October 11, 2005

DID THE SECRET WEAPON WORK?:

Quake prompts questions on bin Laden (KATHERINE SHRADER, October 11, 2005, AP)

Did Osama bin Laden's secret lair crumble in the earthquake that devastated northwest Pakistan? So far, U.S. government officials and terrorism experts caution against too much speculation about whether the al-Qaida chief may have been killed, injured or forced from hiding.

"There's a lot of people who know that that's an obvious question" was the most Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita would say Tuesday about U.S. thinking on bin Laden's fate.

The only question is was enough rubble bounced at Tora Bora to uncover his bones.

Posted by Orrin Judd at October 11, 2005 5:19 PM
Comments

Hopefully some of those helicopters we sent to aid were black and with appropriate crews.

Posted by: Genecis at October 11, 2005 5:43 PM

I hope we're sending a lot of aid into Pakistan, and I hope it's being delivered by our Special Forces.

Posted by: Jim in Chicago at October 11, 2005 5:47 PM

Great minds . . .

Posted by: Jim in Chicago at October 11, 2005 5:47 PM

OBL is generally believed to be hiding in the southwest region of Pakistan, near the Afghanistan border. It is on the opposite end of the Pakistan, several hundred miles away from where the earthquake happened (the northeastern Kashmir region).

Posted by: Gideon at October 11, 2005 5:59 PM

Osama who?

Posted by: The Other Brother at October 11, 2005 6:07 PM

After Tora Bora there were still tapes of OBL (even though they appeared fake). But I don't think there has even been one of these tapes for the past few years.

Posted by: AWW at October 11, 2005 9:00 PM

O/T, but why are those mysterious helos always black ?

A five year old could figure out that covert helos should look like whatever's common, be it traffic copters or air taxis, or even flight-for-life.

Mysterious, unmarked black helos are meant to be noticed, and to intimidate, which has to be a conspiracy theorist's favorite fantasy: That he's SO right, he has to be neutralized, and SO Important that it has to be done by commando team, instead of getting food poisoning at the salad bar.

Posted by: Michael Herdegen [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 11, 2005 9:50 PM

I just got over a case of the touristas myself. You trying to tell me they're after me?

Posted by: joe shropshire at October 11, 2005 11:23 PM

Joe:

I'm sure the NSA checks out all commentors on this blog. It might even be a front. I watch the sky more closely now.

Posted by: ratbert at October 11, 2005 11:55 PM
« IT WAS MORE FUN WHEN HE DID IT TO THEM, NOT US: | Main | AN AGREEMENT A DAY KEEPS THE ECONOCONS AWAY: »